Subject: Re: updated diffs
To: Peter C. Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/21/2006 09:53:24
Peter C. Wallace wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:34:47 -0700
>> From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
>> To: port-pmax@NetBSD.org
>> Subject: updated diffs
>>
>> I've updated my timecounter and todr diffs.  They are combined at this
>> point, because I only have one workspace, and its a pain to separate
>> them.  (They both touch a few shared files.)  These updates are
>> necessary to fix a few critical bugs that testing has found.
>>
>> You can find the updated diffs at
>>
>>    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/gdamore/pmax.diff
>>
>> and there is a kernel, too
>>
>>    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/gdamore/netbsd.pmax
>>
>> I'm still looking for willing testers.  I'd like to have tests on:
>>
>>    * 3maxplus hardware
>
> I have a 5000/260 I could try this on. Will the kernel work with an
> old (1.5?) userland? (Like to avoid full updated install if possible)

I have no idea.  I guess in practice it _should_, but I'm always a bit
cautious when mixing old userland and newer kernels.  That's quite a gap.

I wish I had a better answer for you.  You should be able to use a 3.0
or 4.0 userland without problem, though, as well as a -current userland.

Thanks.

    -- Garrett