Subject: Re: DECstation 5000/200 questions
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/02/2005 16:17:51
OK, I've got it at least trying to boot. But, even though it gets the right
stuff from BOOTP, I get this trying to boot from tftp:

KN02-AA V5.3t
>>boot 6/tftp
4879776?IO: 6/tftp, a.out err (-5)

(the file is not a.out, it's that netbsd-INSTALL.ecoff.gz kernel,
un-gzipped. I've tried with the ELF version too, no go there either.)

When trying MOP:
>>boot 6/mop

???
? PC: 0xbfc0584c<vtr=UTLBM>
? CR: 0xc<CE=0,EXC=TLBS>
? SR: 0x30080000<CU1,CU0,CM,IPL=8>
? VA: 0x76e0

The mop server shows this (I'm just running mopd in foreground mode):
RSX Image
Header Block Count: 0
Image Size:         00000000
Load Address:       000076e0
Transfer Address:   00000200
MOP DL 0:8:c7:a4:a9:40   > 8:0:2b:1b:c6:a4   len 1058 code 02 MLD

I'm guessing that this is the "kernel is way the hell too big" issue... but
then, the question is, what file do I tell it to load over the network? :-)