Subject: Re: Starting xdm (NetBSD/pmax 2.0 on DECstation 5000/25)
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/24/2005 11:50:17
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Jean-Pierre HOFER wrote:

> What could be wrong in my system ?  Something in the X config files ?

  I would presume you are using the GENERIC kernel, which does not support
wscons.  The X server distributed in 2.0 is XdecNetBSD, which only works
with wscons.  There should be a kernel distributed on the 2.0 sets which
is netbsd-WSCONS, which should work with XdecNetBSD.

  I think there may be problems with netbsd-WSCONS on the 5000/25 (which
I've fixed in -current).

  You may need to get the Xpmax X server from a 1.6 distribution, but I
think that may also fail to work with the GENERIC kernel.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant