Subject: Re: Ultrix media set
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/15/2004 16:22:12
Hi All,

I know this isn't exactly what Denny was looking for, but I
figured I'd post it anyway.  There are images of OSF/1 V1.0 for MIPS and
Ultrix 4.4 for VAX up at ftp://olug.cs.oberlin.edu/pub/ultrix.  I no
longer admin this machine, so I have no control of how long they
will/won't be there, but they're at least still there now.

I know the issue of Ultrix being legal/not legal has come up before, but I
don't recall an official decision on its status.  I have dd images of the
CDs for 4.3, 4.4, and 4.5 for MIPS as well as 4.3 and 4.4 for VAX - I have
no problem making these available somewhere, but I don't want it to become
any sort of legal issue.  I don't see that it would be a problem as long
as you weren't using Ultrix in a corporate setting or using it to turn any
sort of profit, but I'm certainly no expert.  In any case you wouldn't be
able to use more than two logins, as the CDs don't come with licenses.

BTW, I haven't touched that OSF/1 image in a long time, but I seem to
remember that the last time I used it everything did not go smoothly.
YMMV.

--
Henry Bent
hbent@cs.oberlin.edu