Subject: Re: le0 got dead?
To: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/24/2003 01:53:00
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing broken LANCE with a freshly compiled -current kernel.  The
> symptom is as follows;  ifconfig stops to proceed at IP address assignment while
> the entire machine looks working (not a dead enough).   I suspect compiler change
> fallout or something wrong in R4000 support.   I will test the machine again after
> swapping the CPU module to R3000A.  Anyone out there had the similar?

	Yes, I thought I borked my cvs tree, so I pulled it down again
from a few hours ago. When dhclient starts up the machine stops or trying
to ifconfig le0. Hitting control-alt-enter yields

dt0: input overflow - on my 5000/25

	I tried the serial console (this is unpatched current) and it's
miscomputing my CPU speed as 20MHz as well, the clock does run at bus
speed right? Should I be applying your last set of patches Andy or did you
pull them all into current?

KN02-CA V2.0m
>>boot 3/rz0/netbsd

NetBSD/pmax 1.6ZC FFS Primary Bootstrap

NetBSD/pmax 1.6ZC Secondary Bootstrap, Revision 1.5
(autobuild@tgm.netbsd.org, Wed Sep 24 22:01:35 UTC 2003)

Boot: 3/rz0/netbsd
1973120+329656 [85184+72197]=0x258cdc
Starting at 0x80030000

Loaded initial symtab at 0x80262338, strtab at 0x802772d4, # entries 5308
mcclock: iters 8107 computed MHz 20, instrs per usec=11
segment  0 start 00000000 size 02800000

--

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.