Subject: Re: Embarassing question
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/25/2003 21:46:27
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Mauricio wrote:

> 	Er, what is the file I should be using to bootp/tftpd my
> little 5000/20 from?

	You'll need to use a two stage booter if you want to boot an ELF
kernel, if you're just trying to install it you need
netbsd-INSTALL.ecoff.gz DECstation PROM's only understand ECOFF and not
ELF kernels. What exactly are you trying to netboot?

	As for RAM, I only have small modules, not the 8 MB SIMMs. I'd go
to ebay and put in a search that emails you when it matches DECstation or
something.

--

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.