Subject: Re: Prestoserve module
To: Collin Baillie <tifkat@no1.com.au>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/01/2003 15:55:21
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Collin Baillie wrote:

> Just a quick question:
>
> Is the unsupported state of the prestoserve modules in the pmax boxen due to
> lack of interest or lack or hardware in a developer's possession?

	Lack of any real gain and lack of documentation. The way I
understand it Legato owns the code and documentation from the Ultrix days.
Maybe users on the VAX port would have some further insights.

	Working it into NFS and/or CODA would be a challenge. Maybe
working it in as some type of low priority kernel asigned buffer area and
have NFS use it would work, but that's a lot of kernel machinery to muck
with.

--
I'm trying to port NetBSD to my cup of tea, but it keeps kernel panicking
on refill. This is odd, because I ported it to my toaster and my bookcase

Any hints?

Jared Earle - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-ports/2002/07/04/0000.html