Subject: AW: pmax / NetBSD 1.5.2 to 1.6 upgrade problem
To: 'Manuel Bouyer' <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hilmar_B=F6hm?= <Hilmar.Boehm@hiro-consult.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/21/2002 22:48:08
Hi, Manuel!

> As a workaround, you can edit your fstab to change rz to sd before
rebooting
> on cd.

Bingo!!

Another problem are ccd devices and upgrade: Obviously it seems not to be
enough to change the rz- to sd-devices within /etc/ccd.conf.  What else has
to be done.

I had a few more (additional) problems during upgrade and finally I ended up
in an installation of the 1.6 from scratch.

Before the upgrade I was able to do "dump"s of "/" and "/usr";, but when I
decided to "restore" the "/"-dump (from within the installation environment)
I got the error message (from "restore"):
   st0: 10240-byte tape record too big for 2048-byte user buffer
What can I do to restore this dump-backup?

Regards. / Hilmar.