Subject: DEC Storage
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: H. Jared Agnew <hjagnew@mba1.mba-consulting.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/01/2002 22:05:49
  Evening,

  Wondering if there was a storage expansion box sold with the same foot
print as the 5000/2[0,4,6]0, or were the expansion units that DEC sold with
these machine the same box as [VAX,DEC]server 3100?

  Second I was looking for help with purchasing drives for my DEC 5000.
The drives I have purchased off of ebay have all died slow deaths and I'd like
to purchase a new drive.  I think I'm correct in saying that these machines
have SCSI-2 NCR controllers on board, but that is about where my knowledge
stops.  What drives will work, any SCSI drive that isn't HVD and has a fifty
pin connection (or can be converted to 50pin)?  Does that include Ultra SCSI-2
or Fast SCSI-2, or even SCSI-3?

  Thanks for any info...

  Jared