Subject: Re: How do I know if a device is supported?
To: None <Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/29/2002 10:29:11
On 2002.01.29 02:17 Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au wrote:

> How do I know if a device is supported by netBSD? For example, in the
> "tcdevs" file, there is an entry for "device  KZTSA-AA    tza   TZA
> FWD SCSI"; does this mean the device is supported by netBSD, or does
> it just mean it's recognised by netBSD?
It is recognised by NetBSD, if it is supported can be determind by
looking into the apropriate files.* file, i.e. sys/dev/tc/files.tc.
There are the machine-independent device drivers. The machine dependend
are in sys/arch/<arch>/<bus>/, i.e. sys/arch/alpha/tc and
sys/arch/pmax/tc. grep(1)ing there for kztsa and tza gave no result, so
this device seems to be not supported.

Or just have a look at the GENERIC kernel config file. This contains all
supported devices.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen