Subject: RE: 5000/240 memory ECC errors?
To: None <jmaynard@conmicro.cx>
From: Charles Redmond <charlie25@my-deja.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/28/2001 17:05:54
>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:55:36 -0500
> Jay Maynard <jmaynard@conmicro.cx> port-pmax@netbsd.org 5000/240 memory ECC errors?
>I've got a 5000/240 running 1.4 (yeah, but I haven't had to mess with it in
>two years) that's recently started complaining:
>
>CPU memory read ECC error at 0x01d7806c
>   ECC 0xb48b9d00
>
>I assume there's a bad SIMM in the box. Does the address it's complaining
>about (the same address every time, BTW) map to a specific slot? How can I
>figure out which it is, if so?
You could bring the box down to a console and do a test on the memory.
I'm not sure of the exact syntax but it tells you the slot if it
fails.
(I think the slots are numbered from 0 up)
Also note the failure could be due to gunk/corrosion on the pins of
the ram slot. I've had this happen a lot.

Charles

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/