Subject: Re: serial woes
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/28/2001 10:13:43
> Have you tried it as root?  If it works then, check the permissions.  You
> might have to add the username to a group that has access to the ttys-- IIRC
> uucp is one.  I had a similar problem connecting to mu sun-3/280 console
> from my PC.  As it was just temporary, I su'd to root, instead of fixing the
> problem.

i've been doing this as root the whole time.  which is the stumper (i should
have mentioned that in the original email, but that's what i get for trying
to send email out quick before i go to bed at 2am)

> Dunno which tty it is.  Check dmesg?

they show up as scc0 and scc1.  which don't exist in /dev since i need to be
using tty[abcd]

/dev/ttys shows that /dev/ttyc would be the non-console serial line.  i'm
guessing that's right?  but on the other hand it's setup to have getty start
on that line and it never does.

hints?

-brian