Subject: RE: 5000/33: Boot prompt upgrade possible?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Reiner Buehl <reiner_buehl@hp.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/17/2001 09:49:07
> I have three MAXINE units with KN02-CA V2.0m and has no netbooting
> trouble in my 4 years involvement of NetBSD kernel.

I had never any luck in netbooting the "regular" install or generic
kernels. Only the smallnet kernels worked. Since the netboot FAQ also
lists the V2.0m rev. as "not able to boot larger than 1 MB" I thought
this would be the reason. If I try other kernels I get all kind of
a.out error messages from the boot prompt, mostly error codes -1 and
-2. Is there a list that explains these error codes in detail? Did you
boot via tftp or mop?

Best regards,
Reiner.