Subject: Re: 5000/33: Boot prompt upgrade possible?
To: Reiner Buehl <reiner_buehl@hp.com>
From: Henry Bent <hbent@oberlin.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/15/2001 14:49:21
--On Saturday, September 15, 2001 4:37 PM +0200 Reiner Buehl
<reiner_buehl@hp.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a 5000/33 with boot prompt rev. KN02-CA V2.0m (the one that
> can not netboot kernels larger 1 MB). Is it possible to up- or
> downgrade this boot prom to a version that can netboot correct?
> If so, where can I get proms or images to burn them myself? What
> kind of eproms are needed?

Well, I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, but the PROMs look like you
could just pull them out and replace them with another one.  I'll
investigate further with a /120 and a /25 to see if this is true.  And if
it does work out, I'll have a spare KN02-BA v5.7c that I could send your
way.

-Henry Bent
hbent@olug4.cs.oberlin.edu