Subject: Re: DEFZA PMAF-A support
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/02/2001 21:23:13
On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> hmm.  what is the value of getting this card supported?  am i going to be the
> only person using one?  i wouldn't mind doing it for myself, but not if it's
> going to be a boat-load of trouble.  although if i will make many people happy
> then i am willing to do it even if it is a lot of trouble.
>
> anyway, let me know what help you've got for me!  i guess i'll start by farting
> around with the already existant DEFTA stuff and see what i can come up with.
> hints are very much appricieated. :)

i know i would certainly use it! i have 4 defzas sitting here in my ds5k
boxen and a 3000/600 alpha...
Also, as i have mentioned before, i have information that can help here
as well, namely, the Ultrix 4.2 and OSF1 2.0 sources. the DEFZA is
supported in both of them, so both the pmax and the axp ports can benefit
from this 'documentation' of the hardware.. :)

contact me off-list for access to the sources..

happy hacking,
isildur