Subject: pthreads and pmax
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <kread@innnet.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/23/2001 14:22:36
Hi folks,

for the past few days I've been trying to compile the java-enabled
web-based CD burner solution called webCDwriter. Autoconf seems pleased to
use pth as threads lib, but it doesn't work. Together with the author of
the program we investigated and came to the conclusion that it must be the
threads package.
I tried to compile pthreads, but it says mipsel isn't supported. I hacked
the Makefile a bit and still it didn't work out. I see that ultrix-mips
support is in there, so IMHO it shouldn't be too hard to add NetBSD
support, or am I mistaken?

Searching with good ol' google I found some references of patches for
pthreads for NetBSD/pmax support, but the mailing list entries dated back
to 1998 or so.

Can anybody help me here?

Thanks a lot!

--