Subject: Re: clock lossage with -current on DS5000/240
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/04/2001 08:40:20
Matthias Drochner wrote:

> The pmax (at least the 3maxplus) seems to massively lose
> clock interrupts as soon there is some system (in particular,
> network) activity.
> Anyone an idea what caused it and how to fix this?

This is a characteristic of -current on pmax.  I thought I'd
give a go at answering since I asked the same question here
several months ago.  B^)  It involves interrupt lossage.

When there was a flurry of activity back a month+ ago that fixed
this same issue on a some other architectures, I was hopeful that
it would also fix pmax, but I didn't see it improve as I recall
when I last built -current a few weeks back.

Cheers,

-- Ken Wellsch