Subject: Re: Performance dive
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/19/2001 14:03:12
Chuck Silvers wrote:

> I'd like also revert the change to profile.h that obscured the first
> set of -current results, does anyone have any problems with that?

I originally was going to use noprofiled spl routines for profile.h but
switched to inline blocking of interrupts for reasons I can't remember
anymore.  Jeff (well, Geocast) were using noprofiled spl routines and at
the time we didn't see any differences with in-practice use (ie, icache
misses vs. function call overhead) so we switched to better align our
code with Geocast's.  If indeed this change has made things worse, then
I don't have any problems with it being backed out.  Jeff?

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/