Subject: Re: Maxine?!
To: None <LFessen106@aol.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/15/2001 13:08:30
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 LFessen106@aol.com wrote:

> Since nobody responded about my post on how to get the console keyboard

	It isn't like we get paid to reply to responses here, or that any
of us have anything else to be doing.

> mapped correctly I am assuming it can't be done?  Is it better just to stick

	Depends, if you need X and you don't have an X Terminal, that
makes it pretty difficult to use a serial console.

> with serial consoles on a DS for now?  Does the CLI run any faster with a
> serial console?  I know it lurches on the scrolling now, but that could just

	Yes, scrolling, compiling, and doing anything is significantly
faster.

> be the rcons slowing things down.  Is it possible to have true VT's on a

	wscons integration is underway, but only under -current. I do
not know if Virtual screens are enabled or to what extent the terminal
controls are implemented. There's a test wscons kernel on the ftp site,
though I don't have the location handy. Probably /pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/

> serial terminal without resorting to programs like "screen" or using a

	I wouldn't know, and using a multiport terminal isn't an option as
the MAXine only has one Serial port IIRC.

	Chris