Subject: Re: maxine cd boot tests...
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/16/2000 14:27:42
On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> FYI, it appears that on a MAXINE, v2.0m doens't like to boot from CD ROM
> while v2.1a will.  Not sure of the reason.
>

> on the v2.0m machine:
>
> >>boot 3/rz4
>
> NetBSD/pmax 1.5 ISO 9660 Primary Bootstrap
>
> KN02-CA V2.0m    (PC: 0xbfc024c8, SP: 0x806ffb98)
> [snip]

  My first thought was perhaps the bootstrap was using a PROM routine
which wasn't working correctly in the older PROM.

  My Maxine with a 2.0g PROM (which I presume would be older than
your 2.0m) boots OK.  [I suppose it could be possible that something
in 2.0m might have been broken between 2.0g and 2.0m and later fixed.]

>>boot 3/rz3

NetBSD/pmax 1.5 ISO 9660 Primary Bootstrap

NetBSD/pmax 1.5 Secondary Bootstrap, Revision 1.3
(root@medusa.thistledown.com.au, Nov 18 19:46:02 EST 2000)

Boot: 3/rz3

Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant