Subject: Re: DS 3100 with memory problem.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/15/2000 10:24:50
>> I've also got a DS 5000/120 which works great. Now, the cable between the
>> 3100
>> and the monitor fits right into the DS 5000's keyboard/mouse port and has
>> sockets for keyboard and mouse on the cable. Can I use this cable for
>> connecting
>> the keyboard/mouse to the DS 5000?
>
> Probably - I know that the keyboard/mouse IO system is the same between the
> MIPS based DECStation 5000/240 and the Alpha based DEC3000/800AXP.

Digital's keyboard and its interface are common across various Digital
terminals like VT220 and descendent, DECstation 3100 and descenders
(except Personal DECstation), some VAXstations, TURBOchannel alphas.
It's possible to pick up VT320 keyboard and hook it with TC alpha. (I did).

>> Further, does anyone in Sweden have an unused cable between a PMAG-B and a
>> VR290-D3 monitor (3xBNC)? I'd be interested in buying that one if so :-)
>
> These are standard video cables, and are used on a number of different
> machines, including the SGI Indy IIRC,

Digital uses 3W3 connector, which is not same connector as what Sun or
SGI uses.

Tohru Nishimura