Subject: Re: WSCONS kernel available
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/14/2000 09:35:18
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I placed an experimental WSCONS NetBSDpmax kernel at ftp.netbsd.org.
> It can be found ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/WSCONS/ directory.  It's
> prepared for early access of under development product to gather any
> response from public.

	I booted my MAXINE with it last night to single user just for the
heck of it. The WSCONS font could use some work and the wscons screen
could be resized to 6Xx132 instead of the 25x80 "window" in the
middle of the screen. (HX resports being 133 columns by 66 rows) Though I
remember that PX/PXG uses 25x80 with 8mm tall letters and that takes up
the whole screen. If it's in a window just because it's an install kernel,
then oh well, we can deal with that. Does WSCONS lead the way to *COLOR*
console? :-D  Hopefully I'll have time to bring this kernel up on my 3MAX+
over the weekend.

	Chris