Subject: WSCONS kernel available
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/11/2000 18:34:15
Guys,

I placed an experimental WSCONS NetBSDpmax kernel at ftp.netbsd.org.
It can be found ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/WSCONS/ directory.  It's
prepared for early access of under development product to gather any
response from public.

- video console only. No Xserver prepared (yet)
- should be useful with 3MIN and 3MAX+.  It can boot MAXINE, however,
  the keyboard does not work.
- the kernel was built with 1.5K syssrc, pre-UBC integration.
- supported video option cards are;

	+ HX    PMAGB
	+ CX	PMAG-B
	+ DV	MAXINE builtin
	+ TX	PMAG-J
	+ MX	PMAG-A

  This is the very first time when TX (PMAG-J) is availble.
- MX is found broken.  Probably the driver misunderstands the screen
  width.  I'll fix it when I boot my machine with MX installed.

The kernel has a norminal configuration for development purpose, not
a full GENERIC.

The experimental has another new feature.  It can run TCDS TURBOchannel
dual SCSI option card.  I could run PMAZB-A.  That is also requested to
have any feed back from public.

If some of you still stick with CX or MX video card, it's a time to get
HX.  You would never regret with accelerated HX.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology