Subject: Problem with dd
From: Michael =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4rwolff?= <Michael.Baerwolff@lycosmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/29/2000 21:46:10
--------------0D92F991BBA8ECC9FC078D4F

Hi

I decided for installation via disk image. My helper system is a x86
with SuSe-Linux. I started fdisk, added a new partition, changed its
file system id to a5 (BSD/386, only BSD filesystem which is available)
and created a BSD disklabel. Now there were 2 partitions (c and d), I
wrote the disklabel to disk, wrote the partition to disk and exited
fdisk. Now I extracted the diskimage and typed in "dd if=/diskimage
of=/dev/sdc1 bs=10240" (sdc1 is the 3rd SCSI disk and the 1st
partition). I got the message 204 + 1 out / 204 +1 in (no errors). I
switched my computer of and put the SCSI disk into my DECstation
5000/33, switched on. The disk is present as rz5. Now I typed in "boot
3/rz5/netbsd" and I saw the message "?IO: 3/rz5/netbsd  (bb rd)". I
don't know what (bb rd) means, but I could imagine, that it's something
with boot block.

Where is the problem, anybody knows ??

Bye
Michael

--------------0D92F991BBA8ECC9FC078D4F

begin:vcard
n:Bärwolff;Michael
tel;cell:01746711752
tel;home:02261/66509
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;Bernauer Straße 149 C;Berlin;B;13507;DE
version:2.1
email;internet:Michael.Baerwolff@lycosmail.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;17552
fn:Michael Bärwolff