Subject: A laziness-motivated request
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Plagge <tplagge@iastate.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/10/2000 19:25:59
A friend of mine managed to obtain a couple Decstation 5000/240's with
sweet 19" monitors, and we would like to set them up for use essentially
as X terminals.  Unfortunately, they both have PMAG-C graphics
cards.  I know this subject has been repeatedly beat death on this
mailing list, so I'll keep it brief.

I seem to recall hearing about an X server for the PX cards that
someone had up and running (not perfected, but running, if memory
serves).  I'd like to avoid the hassle of trying to set up an nfs
mount and installing the compilers (these suckers have 100 Mb hard
drives) and tracking current and so on, so I was wondering if any of
you kind people would happen to have a binary that you could send me.
I would be forever in your debt.

Thanks much
-Tom