Subject: Re: 5000/240 now works
To: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@users.tmok.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/23/2000 00:53:21
Chris drunkenly mumbled...

>     It does not cause my system to panic if it is in slot 15, I'm using a
> 5k/240 with one in it right next to me. Perhaps you're card or memory slot
> is broken, I dunno.

beats me, the PROM seems to think it's ok.

>     This is/has been midly discussed in the thread PMAGB-B scrolling...

haven't really been paying attention to the thread, just sort of reading it
without actually reading it if you understand.  been working crazy hours the
last couple days since we had to reconfigure all of our machines' IP addresses
at work.  you know, one of those things you want to do when no-one else is
there (midnight to 7am) as well as trying to get regular work done.  it's
getting to be vacation time.

> but basically, when someone decides to do/try it.

hmm, i'm going to be taking a week off in mid august (not going anywhere,
just need some time away from work) and maybe i'll get a chance to work on
it.  or maybe i won't even touch any computers at all and just finish playing
Final Fantasy VII and start/beat Final Fantasy VIII.  let's see what kind of
mood i'm in by then.

>     LoL, well just be glad you don't have an AccessBus LK501 :)

not familiar with the LK501, this one is an LK401-AA and previously i've
used an LK250 (by far my favorite keyboard next to the SUN Type 5c)

cheers,

-b