Subject: Re: well, i got farther this time at least.....
To: None <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>,
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/23/2000 00:07:52
on 7/22/00 3:20 PM, Brian Hechinger at wonko@users.tmok.com wrote something
like:

> 5000/240
> 112MB RAM (14x8MB)
> PRESTOserve card (i can keep this in even though it isn't being used, right?)

    ONLY if it is installed in Memory slot 15, it cannot go in any other
slot. It sounds to me like it is not in 15. That being the case it will stop
your computer. I did this accidentally once and it halted both Ultrix and
NetBSD.

> should i start pulling memory out until i find a bad one or could it be
> something else?

    Not right away no. Try typing test at the >>> prompt. It should take
about 45 minutes to complete, but it will test all parts of your computer
including a pseudo-random(?) memory test that can pinpoint which board is
having problems if it catches it.

    Chris