Subject: wcslen not found on `open'motif build
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/04/2000 11:09:19
I'm trying to build the recent `open'motif release on NetBSD-1.4.2 pmax,
which I've already done on i386 without any problems.

The first issue was the lack of symbolic links for shared libraries so
that they could be found without the major and minor numbers in the filename,
but that was easy enough to fix.

However, this other problem's got me beat. libXm links without any problems,
but when an executable tries to link with it I get errors about undefined
references to wcslen, wcscpy, wcschr, wcsncat and wcscat - I can't find
these anywhere.

What's even more confusing is that nm shows these symbols to be in the
library I built on i386, and despite the fact I don't get the same errors
when building motif programs there, I can't find them anywhere on that system
either.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Many thanks in advance,

	- Joel