Subject: Re: My DECstation 5k/240 is dead?
To: None <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
From: Uwe Lienig <Uwe.Lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/30/2000 15:31:20
--------------2D4AC2C550517083668F8822

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> Ulrich Teichert drunkenly mumbled...
> >
> > I can't believe it's the MB, the symptoms seem to relate to a power
> > supply problem, IMHO.
> >
> > > list. Shipping would be interesting *frown*.
>
> again, shipping will be fun (although i can't figure that it'll be that bad,
> i sent a VS2000 motherboard to New Zealand from the US and shipping wasn't that
> bad, i'll check weight and shipping costs if you're interested)
>
> i have two spare power supplies from two stripped out /133 boxes, and i believe
> it is the same power supply as the /240, yes?

This is definitely not true. I have a /240 and a /133 open. They dont
share the PS. The only way I can imagine is to use a PS from a /200
(AFAIK, they do have the same PS). Especially, the /200 and /240 have a
5V/40A and 12V/2.7A PS.

For reference I give the part no. and model no.

part no. 30-32506-01
model no. H7878-A

The memory seems to eat the electrons (14bit ECC !!!)

> if so, i'll do what i did with the guy from NZ if you are interested, i sent
> him the motherboard and he sent me something from NZ as a trade and called
> it even on shipping costs since he shipped something back.  (these really
> awsome wool socks, since they have lots of sheep in NZ *G*)
>
> cheers,
>
> -brian
--------------2D4AC2C550517083668F8822

begin:vcard
n:Lienig;Uwe
tel;fax:(+49 351) 462 3476
tel;work:(+49 351) 462 2780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Forschungsinstitut Fahrzeugtechnik -FiF-;Computer Aided Design and Advanced Simulation Technology
adr:;;Friedrich-List-Platz 1;Dresden;Saxony;01069;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:Uwe.Lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de
note;quoted-printable:... have you ever seen MicroSoft users smiling ...=0D=0A=0D=0ASysAdmin
x-mozilla-cpt:;-8576
fn:Uwe Lienig
end:vcard

--------------2D4AC2C550517083668F8822--