Subject: Re: My DECstation 5k/240 is dead?
To: Ulrich Teichert <Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@users.tmok.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/30/2000 07:24:24
Ulrich Teichert drunkenly mumbled...

> I can't believe it's the MB, the symptoms seem to relate to a power
> supply problem, IMHO.
>
> > list. Shipping would be interesting *frown*.

again, shipping will be fun (although i can't figure that it'll be that bad,
i sent a VS2000 motherboard to New Zealand from the US and shipping wasn't that
bad, i'll check weight and shipping costs if you're interested)

i have two spare power supplies from two stripped out /133 boxes, and i believe
it is the same power supply as the /240, yes?

if so, i'll do what i did with the guy from NZ if you are interested, i sent
him the motherboard and he sent me something from NZ as a trade and called
it even on shipping costs since he shipped something back.  (these really
awsome wool socks, since they have lots of sheep in NZ *G*)

cheers,

-brian