Subject: Re: My DECstation 5k/240 is dead?
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Ulrich Teichert <Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/30/2000 11:27:26
> 	Well if the green LED is on in the P.S., that should mean that
> power is good, so it may very well be the motherboard.

Upps, sorry, I should have mentioned that after one second all lights
go off completely and the LED from the power supply *never* goes on.
I hear a relais click just after switching it on, the light on the
NVRAM card flashes once, as do those little red lights at the backside
of the MB (dialight? Whatever this is for).

After I removed ~20 screws I still can't get at the power supply,
though. Do I have to remove the six-sided stands on the MB as well?

> 	Hmm well if you can't get anywhere on the P.S./MB I've got a spare
> 5000/200 motherboard you could buy/borrow/trade

I can't believe it's the MB, the symptoms seem to relate to a power
supply problem, IMHO.

> list. Shipping would be interesting *frown*.

ACK

Thanks,
Uli

--