Subject: Re: Support for RX26 floppy drive
To: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>
From: Christian Biache <biache@magic.fr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/26/2000 23:40:40
On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 08:22:21 +1000, Gregory McGarry wrote:
| Christian Biache wrote:
|
| > On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 19:16:11 -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:
| >
| > > 	AFAIK no one is working on it at present. I believe it was Andy
| > > Doran who mentioned that it's an Intel i8277(?) controller, and that the
| > > driver could just be stollen from the Sparc port. (This is all off the top
| > > of my head) It sure would be appreciated to write it in for pmax. Now if
| > > only there was a way to boot from the dang thing heh.
| >
| > Yes it's a i82077... I'll have sthing working soon.
|
| How is this project progressing?

Slower than expected, sorry for that. I was interrupted by a higher
priority task.

I'm trying to find out where the 82077 registers are mapped, it seems
they are not at the beginning of IOASIC slot #11 (the floppy slot),
writing at this address does not work (i.e. no value stored),
(BTW, the floppy_enable bit is set in the SSR).

I'm surely missing something, since the ISDN driver and the ASC driver all
see the registers at the beginning of their respective slots...

Christian.

P.S

I ran the floppy PROM tests and everything is OK. Is is possible to dump
the asm code of a PROM test?

--
Christian Biache <biache@magic.fr>