Subject: Re: DS3100
To: Josh Davidson , <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/26/2000 12:12:22
    This would seem to indicate that the NVRAM has been reset (if it has
one) or the CMOS battery is dead (I've never seen the inards of 3100 so I
don't know if it has one) In either case, all the settings have been erased.

try show dev
and then boot dkaXXX to see if there is an OS on a certain drive.

    The ROM monitor system on 2100's and 3100's is nearly identical to a
VAX. So cnfg, etc. won't work like they do on the rest of the DEC MIPS line.
typing ? or help should get you started beyond the above.

    Chris

on 6/25/00 11:09 AM, Josh Davidson at dogtoy@ductape.net wrote something
like:

> I have very similar problems with commands.  I think my rom revision is KN01
> V7.03.
>
>> Quoting Brian Hechinger <BHechinger@half.com>:
>>
>>> i just picked up some DEC hardware (5000/133, 5000/240, and personal
>>> 5000/33) and one of the things i got was the mmj serial cable, so i =
>>> hooked
>>> up the DS3100 i had picked up previous to this and booted it into the =
>>> rom to
>>> see if i could start trying to get NetBSD on it.
>>>
>>> boots up:
>>>
>>> KN01 V7.0
>>>
>>> 7..6..5..4..3..2..
>>> ??
>>>
>>> KN01 V7.0
>>> 08-00-2b-12-c6-88
>>> 0x01000000
>>>
>>> 1) Dansk                      9) Fran=E7ais (Suisse Romande)
>>> 2) Deutsch                   10) Italiano
>>> 3) Deutsch (Schweiz)         11) Nederlands
>>> 4) English                   12) Norsk
>>> 5) English (British/Irish)   13) Portugu=EAs
>>> 6) Espa=F1ol                   14) Suomi
>>> 7) Fran=E7ais                  15) Svenska