Subject: Re: Any browers for pmax boxes?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jared Smolens <jsmolens+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/22/2000 20:07:30
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.port-pmax: 22-Jun-100 Re: Any
browers for pmax bo.. by "Peter C. Wallace"@mesan
> Maybe Mozilla eventually, though it will be... well... pokey on a
> 5000/200.

Has anyone actually gotten a recent version of mozilla to run?  I have
tried some of the more recent milestones and have gotten it to build
fairly cleanly.  It  has a problem loading one of the shared libs
(libraptor, I think) and dumps core after another minute of loading on
my 5000/260.

Unfortunately, my /260 is sitting in school storage for the summer, or
I'd have time to play with it.  Complete builds take ~8-10 hours, but
I'm building over NFS.

I didn't have the time or the _disk_space_ to build it with debugging
symbols last semester.  If nobody has gotten the lizard working by the
end of the summer, I'll try getting it to work once I get back to school.

In a related note, I remember an extremely old version of mozilla (from
1998 that actually did run, albeit with bugs) in the NetBSD/pmax
binaries directory of ftp.netbsd.org.  This probably isn't good for
filling your system with core files, however.

Cheers,

JCSmolens
                                @@@
                               (o o)