Subject: dead fans in ds5k/125
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Buss <TK97EL12@technis.syh.fi>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/20/2000 11:53:19
Hi folks,

I just got a DS5000/125, the motherboard works fine but the three
fans in the power supply won't spin. I opened the case & supply and
measured the voltage on the fans' connector: 0 V.
How is this possible when the other connectors have have the right
voltage? (the motherboard powers up, as well as the hdd's)

Of course I can rewire 12V from a hdd connector to the fans but
I'm just wondering if somebody else have had the same problem
and fixed the fans' connector ...

Any thoughts ?

BTW. this machine had been out of use since 1998 so I had to
spray contact-spray on the scsi-connectors to get internal scsi to
work and give a kick to the RZ58 in the scsi-box to get it to spin up
for mounting ...

Joachim Buss