Subject: DECstation 5000/200 serial console
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul R. Yaskowski <paul@crapfactory.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/17/2000 13:57:26
I recently acquired a DECstation 5000/200.  I've never worked with
these machines before, but I've had a lot of experience with VAXes.
I've been trying unsuccessfully to setup a serial console on this
machine, but I can't seem to quite get it.  I've hooked up the DB25
port labeled 3 to a serial port on another computer, but nothing shows
up, even after I remove the framebuffer.  I'm assuming my cable isn't
wired correctly, so I'd like to know if anyone knows of a place to get
working cables to plug into the serial port of my computer.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

--
Paul Yaskowski - CCNA