Subject: Re: DS5000/200 woes
To: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/01/2000 23:50:13
On 2 Jun 2000, Iggy Drougge wrote:

> >   Could be the terminal itself and/or the cable hookup. Might
> >want to recheck everything on that side and make sure it's working
> >right and the pin's are assigned correctly, flow control, etc. That
> >is odd though, perhaps reseting the NVRAM just to be safe wouldn't be a
> >bad idea.
>
> Hm, what settings should that be? I run 9600, 8N1 and RTS/CTS, IIRC.
> The cable is a nullmodem and a gender changer. What's odd is that I receive
> output all the time, and may input when I start it up fresh.

	That's odd. I'm using 9600-N81 (though 38400 should work)  with
XON/XOFF flow control and DTR/DSR handshake on my DEC VT-320. Without DTR
and/or DSR you're likely to see the behavior you're getting.

> >> On another note, I've bought my 5000/200 from the US, and one the back, it
> >> says that it can be run using both 110V/60Hz and 220V/50Hz, yet it refuses
> >> to start up using standard 220V current and 50Hz frequency, but works fine
> >> using a modulator which cranks the current down to 110V but keeps the
> >> frequency at
> >> 50Hz. Is there any hidden switch which I've missed?

	Usually it's just a matter of opening up the Switching reg and
moving a slide on wire from one post to another. I'd rather not open my
switching reg unless you want me to look. Can anyone vouch for if the 2xx
series at least is autoswitching?

	Chris