Subject: Re: 5000/200 boot problems?
To: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/01/2000 10:58:21
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Andy Doran wrote:

> Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org> wrote:
>
> > I've resurrected my 5000/200 to use as a temporary gateway.  But, I
> > discovered that booting from a -current kernel does Not Work.
>
> Have you tried booting any >1.4A kernel on this machine before?

I have 1.4P (sources from 8 Dec 1999, same vintage as the snapshot)
happily running on it now.

> > px0 at tc0 slot 1 offset 0x0tc_intr_establish: slot 1 level 3 handler 0x801621f0 sc 0xc0055ec0 on
> > : 3D, 5x1 stamp, 8 plane, 128KB SRAM
>
> I don't recall anyone reporting success with the 8-bit 3D. Anyone?

This had worked for some time (just console, haven't tried to find out
about X in quite a while).

I can try to narrow down the time when the code stopped working (between
December and now), and/or file a PR, but I wanted to find out first if
this was a known bug and I shouldn't bother.

						Konrad Schroder
						perseant@hhhh.org