Subject: Re: FW: Kaffe 1.0.5 build failure - NetBSD 1.4.2 (mips,pmax)
To: None <kaffe@rufus.w3.org>
From: Godmar Back <gback@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/18/2000 23:51:34

> Based on the attached email from Alexandre Olivia on the Kaffe mailing list,
> I applied the following changes to the top level (/pkgsrc/lang/kaffe)
> Makefile:

Always keep in mind that changes to the Makefiles don't survive a new
configure since configure rebuilds Makefiles from Makefile.ins.

> jthread.c: In function `jthread_create':
> jthread.c:1256: `SP_OFFSET' undeclared (first use in this function)
> jthread.c:1256: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> jthread.c:1256: for each function it appears in.)

This means nobody has determined the correct SP_OFFSET for your machine,
which says at what offset the sp is stored in the jmpbuf.
Try to compile and run my sp_offset.c program in developers/ and
see what it outputs, and then add a #define in the corresponding thread.h
or md.h file.

Which reminds me... did you even run configure?

	- Godmar