Subject: Re: PX/PXG and Neon project (beating the dead horse again)
To: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/17/2000 17:26:23
On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Chris Tribo wrote:

>     I found a web site that appears to have pretty good documentation on the
> i860 specifically. It's up at
> http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9863/i860_intro.html

 I think I have some Intel PDF documentation regarding i860 I collected
over years; I may look through my archive and provide a list of titles
(and then make copies of documents available) if there's anyone
interested.

> 4 Brooktree 459 RAMDAC's all running at 135MHz on my PXG+ :) I'm guessing
> that the 459 RAMDAC has been well documented and there is no shortage of
> info on it, though I haven't checked. I'd really like to see what DEC did

 You may contact Conexant (which now owns BrookTree; see
http://www.conexant.com/) and they will provide you with paper copies of
RAMDAC and clockchip specifications immediately.  They have no electronic
versions of documents for either Bt459 or Bt438 so I doubt the number of
copies is unlimited. ;-)