Subject: Re: No output display on DS3100 current kernel
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/05/2000 03:03:05
Previously discussed:

Erik bertelsen had replied:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 12:42:37AM +0000, NetBSD Mailing list wrote:
> > Sometime in the last 10 days or so, my netbsd-current kernels generated
> > stopped displaying to the pm monitor:
> >
> > NetBSD 1.4V (MRYMIPS) #89: Wed Mar 22 15:01:32 PST 2000
> > rz1: 100MB, 776 cyl, 8 head, 33 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 204864 sectors
> > boot device: rz0
> > root on rz0a dumps on rz0b
> > root file system type: ffs
> > <At this point output to the monitor ceases, but the kernel continues to
> > function>.
> >
> > Has something changed in config that I missed, or could someone confirm
> > my problem?
>
> I'm seeing exactly the same on a DS5000/133 running the new MI scsi, which
> apparently is not to blame according to above.
>
> My latest working kernel is from 19 Mar, and every attempt after that results
> in the above.

I have checked further, and the system seems otherwise unimpaired and
the framebuffer does indeed still get initialised and output to when X is
started (at least on my DS3100).

Erik, does X work on your DS5000 normally that you could verify that an
X server will start up and display?

Basically it appears that the display simply isn't being addressed for
text output after the "root file system type" message.

Should I submit this one to GNATS?

Cheers,
--skots
--