Subject: Re: whee, it works.. sort of
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Lord Isildur <isildur@guild.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/27/2000 21:39:44
Whose bright idea was it to start using ugly sysV style rc.d directories??
that is one of the most disgusting things i can think of! We've got
clean, pure BSD style rc scripts, just the single /etc/rc and nothing more
(from which anythign we wish can run) and somehow people just dont like
the simplicity? Am i the only one who thinks that going sysV-ish is a
BACKWARDS move? there is _no_ need to try to make BSD look like slo-laris
or linux or any other popular systems. i thoughti was safe from the awful
sysV-like world by using NetBSD!
isildur