Subject: re: pmag-ca support
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Pedro G. Gonnet <pedro@vis.ethz.ch>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/23/2000 10:21:50
hello!

>         PMAG-{C,D,E,F} support is in -current, but not in 1.4.1 or 1.4.2(?)
> If you mean X support, then you're our of luck as it hasn't been written
> yet.

ok. i tried installing 1.4.2 from current, the problem is that support
is not in the install kernel. i have a vt100 at the office i could use
for the install, but i much rather do without it...

> X may not be there, yet, but the GIANT text character sizes I was getting
> (1/4 inch high characters 24x80) was pure-dee-joy to read cmdline style,
> for us myopic geriatric types.....(:+\\...

that was going to be my next question... how do i get smaller fonts on
the damn thing!? i'm only 22 and i like using 1280x1024 on a 17-inch, so
the big letters, even if they would let me work from my bed in the fog
if i wanted to - if my keyboad-cable was long enough - aren't realy fun.

cheers
pedro