Subject: Re: funky PROM, funky problems
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/21/2000 14:45:47
Eric Benoit skrev:

>The other board's PROM reports "KN02-CA V2.1a". I don't see this one listed
>on the PROM revisions page. It sends out a bootp request, which afaict is
>answered, but doesn't try to download the kernel via tftp. I was using the
>exact same setup I was using for the above system. Anyone here deal with this
>PROM revision before?

I believe I have this PROM in my currently deceased DECsystem, and it refused
to netboot any image, I and my friend tried all kinds of NetBSD, OpenBSD and
Linux images, to no avail. Finally, we ended up taking out the HD and mounting
it on my friend's Amiga 3000 and DD'ing over a boot image, which worked quite
fine.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.

Computer hackers do it all night long.