Subject: Re: MI SCSI tape problems?
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/13/2000 22:33:42
On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 02:30:31PM -0700, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>   See PR #8645.

I applied Michael's fix (changing scb->timeout to an unsigned int) and
accessing my TZK10 no longer locks my system -- but I can't seem to read
anything from it:

bombadil:~# echo $TAPE
/dev/st0
bombadil:~# mt status
SCSI tape drive, residual=0
ds=13<WriteProtect,Mounted>
er=0
blocksize: 512 (0, 0, 0, 0)
density: 17 (0, 0, 0, 0)
current file number: 0
current block number: 0
bombadil:~# dd if=/dev/st0 of=/dev/null
dd: /dev/st0: Input/output error
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes transferred in 1 secs (0 bytes/sec)

and the kernel says

/netbsd: st0: block wrong size, 4 blocks residual

if I set the hardware blocksize to 1024, repeating the dd gives

/netbsd: st0: block wrong size, 2 blocks residual

The tape was written with dump using 10k blocks, which I assume is
independent of the hardware blocksize...  I need to do backups!  :)

  "Time Correct function allows automatically correcting slight variation
   of your key touching manner."  --  Roland MSQ-700 manual