Subject: re: New MI SCSI on 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/07/2000 14:56:55
I wrote:

>> After configuring the SCSI controllers xasc0 and xasc1, it configures sfb0
>> and then hangs forever, every time.

Michael Hitch asked:

> Are you using a serial console, or kbd/display?  This behaviour could be
> due to switching the console at this point if you were running with a
> serial console.

I am not, and never have on this machine, used the serial console.  As a
further point of information, my machine works just fine under a non-MI
SCSI 1.4S kernel (well, except for the fact that the keyboard and mouse
don't work by the time you get to "Enter pathname of shell ...").

> I'm using the GENERIC config file, with additions for the MI SII driver.

This is a good idea - I'll try building a GENERIC MI SCSI kernel ...

Jason Thorpe wrote:

> I haven't tried since the interrupt establish code was changed.  I suspect
> that might be broken on the 5000/200.

I think this conjecture may be correct; the SCSI autoconfiguration sets up
the xasc? devices and then defers configuration of the "children" until
after interrupts are enabled.

But the system never gets around to calling scsibus_config_interrupts() ...

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com