Subject: Re: cd-rom and MI driver
To: None <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/02/2000 12:55:12
I'm talking about ISO9660. Let me tell you what I learned so
far. The documents that I read say multi-session is a capability
of the ISO9660 standard. In fact, the package mkisofs that
creates the iso9660 image is used with many roasting programmes
working in single or multisession modes. A part of that package
is a program called "isoinfo" that supposedly verifies that
image before you actually burn the disc. isoinfo can also be
used to look into an existing disc. In fact I was able to use
it, but it still shows me only the first session. I was told
that this program could be modified so it will scan through all
the TOCS of the disc and thus read all sessions. Unfortunately I
know next to nothing about cd-roms so to do something like that
would involve a significant time in learning all the details of
the file structure and the conversational aspects between the
system and the cd-rom drive.  So I was thinking that all this
may not be necessary when the new SCSI drivers will be set in
place. The fact of the matter is that I have a bunch of cd-roms
with pictures (Kodak) that I can not see with my 5000/240 box.
However, if I go to a PC running windows (yuk), everything pops
up.