Subject: Re: loading via tftp
To: Doug Wright <dougwright@grabbag.on.ca>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/01/2000 23:20:38
> A customer of mine was nice enough to give their old DECsystem 5000/240
> to me.  I'm trying to do a tftp/bootp load with little success.  I've
> been able to find out thus far that tftp doesn't work with the KN03-AA
> 5.1b PROM.  Is there a way to upgrade the PROM?

Dunno. I gave up on netbooting mine and used 'dd' on another machine to
put the diskimage.gz file onto a disk. The 240 booted from that just fine
(although I had to give it the -N flag or it crashed in some icky fashion)
and I was able to use the installer to set up the disk for real.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com