Subject: Re: hangs during system activity after last week-end
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/23/2000 16:47:34
	[ ... solid lockup in recent kernel ...]
> since last week-end (Friday's (I think) or Saturday's sup) I've seen my 5000/133
> hang while building NetBSD after a few hour's uptime.
>     [ ... ]
> I have -not- activated the new MI scsi driver (and I think that this problem
> started the day before the integration of the MI scsi driver anyway).

I'm also experiencing the same symptoms these days.  My maxine locked
itself twice during 'make depend', but other times (2 or 3 runs) make
succeeded in building kernels.  This afternoon I noticed another make
session killed the machine again.

I doubt recent modifications in arch/mips brought this.  Let me have
more time to investigate, please.

Tohru Nishimura