Subject: Re: install via netboot install kernel problem
From: Bill Tedeski <btedeski@home.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/08/2000 19:47:55

>  You should probably be able to MOP-boot via a DECnet router.  Of course
> the router would have to support it -- I'm not sure if one exists -- I'm
> just judging based on the protocol.  Actually I find MOP nicer for
> networks as it uses multicasts for the initial query unlike BOOTP which
> uses broadcasts (probably just because nobody thought of reserving a group
> for BOOTP...).

MOP is a non-routed protocol, to remote boot using MOP you need to use a
bridge,
I have booted remote devices using MOP using Cisco routers with bridging
turned on

Infact I still have one customer with MOP and LAT running so they have
to have
bridging on in the routers, it is killing the network but the don't want
to send
the money to replace the old junk -err- eqipment.

						Bill Tedeski